Tuesday, August 23, 2011

the First Step

So I've been bugged enough times to finally create this blog, it's my fault really since I said so freely that I will create a travel blog for my three weeks vacation in Malaysia and Thailand. Nonetheless, I'm more than happy to do so knowing that I have friends who are very interested in Malaysian food and culture (you know who you are..).

I think what makes blogging about Malaysia so different and interesting is that I will be writing from a local but foreign perspective, yes an oxymoron. Local as I grew up in this tropical country that is rich with culture and amazing food (if you know me enough, you will realize that everything comes back to food). Foreign as I have been away long enough, to feel like a foreigner when I'm back in Malaysia and somehow no longer refer to her as home..

As I see myself travelling more often in the future, this will be a good place to start piling up pictures and my random thoughts as I discover other places let it be another continent or just another region in Ontario.

Your thoughts, comments and discussions are much appreciated..

Here I go! 

3 comments:

  1. How do I know those market pictures weren't taken at the night market in Toronto? When are you off to Bangkok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petronas Towers and Batu Caves - what prize do I win? Thanks for the photos :)

    ReplyDelete